Twitter | Entries RSS
People makes their own improvements for myTinyTodo:
Displaying data from myTinyTodo somewhere else
MyTinyTodo Email Notification Script
myTinyTodo module for Drupal
Dark skin for myTinyTodo
(Not tested on version 1.4 final)
I’ve tried downloading the zip three times and it’s empty.
Hi, I created an alternate email notification for the sqlite backend. Enjoy…
nag.py — email nag script for myTinyTodo using sqlite3 backend
Written by Ray Lambert
Based on mysql version by ‘james’
Most recent version tested on: 1.4.0
Should work with 1.3.x series and older (so long as the db has
‘title’, ‘compl’ and ‘duedata’ columns — I’m not sure of the db history)
dbfile = ‘todolist.db’ # path/filename to your db file
email_from = ‘mytonytodo@host’ # email from: address
email_to = ’someone@somewhere’ # email to: address
subject = ‘Todo Nag’
intro = “This is to nag you todo:\n” # email body intro
from email.mime.text import MIMEText
conn = sqlite3.connect(dbfile)
cursor = conn.cursor()
cursor.execute(“select duedate,title from todolist where compl == 0 and duedate != ” order by duedate”)
rows = cursor.fetchall()
#print “found %d due items” % len(rows)
if len(rows) > 0:
body = intro + “\n”
for row in rows:
body = body + ” * %s: %s\n” % (row,row)
msg = MIMEText(body)
msg['Subject'] = subject
msg['From'] = email_from
msg['To'] = email_to
s = smtplib.SMTP(‘localhost’)
s.sendmail(email_from, email_to, msg.as_string() )
Anyone know how to make sub-tasks like todoist?
i want to be able to make a task then have sub-task so it works like a project.
I believe that it’s not good practice, it’s not a planning tool (you would then need extras like start, end, constraints, duration, estimate, capacity allocation, …), and you’ll loose some flexibility, iterate too much, spend too much time planning.
However, in my view those would be make it even more a killer app :
* Segment the tasks list in sections (not only by date – it’s not a planning tool, being too precise on dates is not very efficient (Note: setting target dates has a bug, when you edit the task, it is lost – latest version) ) so that the user can imagine his own workflow (time based, role based, priority based, etc). You can even generalise this by reusing the tags concept, and adding on top of the tags, namespaces (the user chooses a collection of tags in each namespace, and the segmentation is done by namespaces)
* to collaborate (assign to one or more person, with roles (RACI : responsible, accountable, consulted, informed). I suppose that you will want to do this at some point…
Ideas / Tricks :
* a dumb API would be great (with a token. take a look at toodledo.com)
* Allow to convert the notes into tasks, and the reverse (merge in a new task). That is VERY usefull, as it enables you to use the tool while you are thinking, not after. If you implement that i’ll send you a bottle of wine from france. Enjoy.
* Custom fields. With the possibility of making operations (sums, etc). That is would be killer feature #2
* Well i’ve spent quite a large amount of time thinking part of what you have implemented, and i have a working mockup of some of the stuff. If you wish to discuss, i’m there, drop me a mail (i’m not a good code writer, but i like to believe that i have good ideas; i’m also an IT consultant, that could help).
Hey Danny, I’m going to work on a version with sub-tasks, but I think the gangsta original creator of MTT has it on his… well… tiny to do list.
Agreed it would be nice to have the ability to add sub-tasks or lists within a list on a screen.
Can myTinyTodo support REST APIs?
i’m looking for an “add-on” where i can see:
- all tasks (from all categories)
- all tasks with date today
- all tasks with high priority
Is something like that possible?
I have realize a variation of Smarty Syntax.
I think that syntax proposed isn’t immediate.
Smarty Syntax that I use is:
[++[+]|–] TASK TITLE [@tags] [/day+\d]
Here a list of examples:
1. Task with priority +1, title Test task, tag “tag 1″, “tag2″:
++ Testk task @tag 1, tag2
2. Tastk with title Test task, tag “tag 1″ and with due date tomorrow:
Test task @tag 1 /tomorrow
Test task @tag 1 /day+1
3. Task with priority -1, title Test task, tag “tag 1″ e “tag2″, due date between 3 days:
– Test task @tag 1, tag2 /day+3
Do not think that it is easier compared to the current method?
If you want to use this variation, write me.
Hi, someone has tried to modifi mttd for support multiple users??I wanna modify this, but maybe already exist this mod:)
I would try to use the same tables of the original adding a field like user.Like this it could be possible to use one instance for more users.
Some already tried?
Idea! would be nice if tinytodo support multi user environment. thanks
how to use multi-user. ( I saw changelog told me about multi-user in version 1.4 )
No multi-user yet.
not yet tavaris?
can you help:
give instructions, if i would like to modify mytinytodo v1.4.2 to make it multi-user
I’m looking for an “add-on” to have the possibility to upload and add a file for a todo (txt, doc, jpg etc.).
Does sth. like this already exist?
Hi, Looking for the same functionality… Did you found something?
Hi, I already make function for upload files, and hooked ckeditor for input “note”. If you need this functions, I can send this addon to you free.
I wrote a PostgreSQL backend if anyone is interested.
Also I’m developing a “Progress” hack, that adds a progress bar to each task, so it is possible to set a done percentage just hovering and clicking the mouse.
At the moment, the HTML, css and JQuery stuff is working, and is being worked on the ajax part.
I’m enjoying the comments, but a little confused:
a. If you want “sub-lists”, the option exists — it’s called a separate list?
b. If you want to use multi-users, you can, you just can’t have an audit trail or separate user environments — login with same login, and either tag people individually for their tasks or create a separate list for Joe, Mary, Steve;
c. Similarly for tasking people, you can transfer from a “Admin” list to Joe, Mary, Steve’s list hence delegating it to them — when finished, they can click done and transfer it back;
There are lots of other planning programs out there that can do that, but that takes you from personal planning into group planning and project planning, which is not what a to do list is for. This works GREAT for what it is supposed to do. Would I love an import feature or an ALL TASKS list sorted by list or ability to tag multiple entries and apply changes to them? Sure, but it works pretty well as designed for what it was designed for!
Has anyone added the ability to drag a task from one list to another? I’m planning on have a list for each developer but if they get reassigned I’d rather not recreate them, it would be nice to just ‘move’ them by dragging.
I have lightly rewritten the “class.db.mysql.php” to replace “mysql” by “mysqli”.
With that, we can use “myTinyTodo” with mySQL and PHP 7.
I just started using MTT (v1.4.3) and I’ve found several sorting issues where the RSS Feeds and exported .CSV files do not match the web page sort order. It seems that the .CSV sort by Due Date is the only one that works. These are the two features that I was looking forward to using.
Is anyone else having this problem or possibly a solution?
I’ve added 8 more positive priority levels, (suitably colour-coded). Too many changes to post here, but let me know if anyone is interested.
If someone needs a control over the password (more than 3 times, the IP is banned), I wrote some lines here https://zeuf.ovh/blog/
Mail (will not be published)
Based on Panorama Theme by Themocracy